Monday, March 25, 2013

Moving over to the Langebos, Woody Cape Section once again

I got up early today and watched Phillipe get ready for the morning meet up. I would be leaving later on and was trying to liaise transport down with Salomia. A taxi would bring me down all the way to the park office and would cost me a decent bit but I didn't mind. The miles allocated for the park vehicles were almost up and hence it was impossible to get a ride down.
Walking around the office buildings while waiting for my taxi I came across a box of dung beetles being bred by the park and took the opportunity to take a few shots. Volunteering at the park came with a certificate but since I was heading off to Woody Cape, Salomia would mail this to me. Saying a few quick goodbyes and thanks, it was time to leave.

Dinner time
The journey down was one I had just completed a few days back and I reached the office around lunch time. Getting a lift into the Langebos, I realised I was the only occupant this time round. The surroundings were as quiet as I expected and settling in was a breeze. Tying up my hammock, I rested awhile before heading out to the office to see what could be done. More then half the day had gone by and I joined the rest of the staff clearing the path of weeds for an hour or so before taking a ride down to town in the staff drop off. The hut at the Langebos had a stove and I got some food to heat up for dinner.

Plans were in the pipeline to lay electrical lines for the Langebos but for now it was candlelight and a fire in the evening for me. Spending an entire night by myself was a new experience and definitely an eye opener. I amused myself taking pictures of my drinks collection under candle-light and sitting by the fire outside before calling it a night.

It would be an early work day tomorrow.




No comments:

Post a Comment